Terms & Conditions
DS Stone Supply Ltd supply quality natural stone to our customers under the following terms and conditions:
- All stone must be paid for in full at the point of order.
- Quotations submitted by the Supplier shall remain open for acceptance for a period of 30 days from the date of the Quotation, unless in the Quotation some other period is specified or accepted, or the quotation is withdrawn by the Supplier.
- Any delivery date or time agreed or given is an estimate only and the Buyer must give reasonable notice. The Supplier cannot accept any liability for failure to meet delivery dates or times ( including claims for personnel standing times and any direct or indirect losses) although every reasonable effort will be made to meet the Buyer’s requirements. The time for collection, or delivery, of Goods shall not be of the essence.
- The Supplier will ensure that all products are produced to tolerance as per the specification but would stress that stone is a natural material and therefore subject to variation in colour and texture, naturally occurring veins of colour and imperfection. Where a minor difference in colour occurs from the original sample given, we will not accept liability for return or exchange of the stone.
- Sawn stone is not a finished product. When stone is ordered six sides sawn there is a tolerance of plus/minus 5mm in the cutting process. Please allow at least 5mm tolerance in your order measurements for this reason.
- If the Buyer rejects a stone on sight at our yard, and the Supplier agrees to the defect, the Supplier will offer a replacement stone of the same type and dimensions and no refunds will be given.
- Customers will be informed when their order of stone is delivered to our yard and collection must then take place within one week. For storage of an order of stone at our premises, there will be a charge of 3% of the total order value per week of storage beyond the first week after delivery.
- Collection of stone from our yard and removal of stone from our premises constitutes acceptance of the stone as seen, and no refunds or reorders will be provided once the stone has been taken from our premises by a customer.
- The Supplier will not accept any liability for the uplift or disposal of any pallets, packaging or shrink wrap. This is to be the responsibility of the buyer.
- The Buyer’s vehicle will be loaded with all reasonable dispatch but the Supplier shall not be liable for any delay in the loading of Goods onto the Buyer’s vehicle or any loss consequent thereon.
- The Buyer will be responsible for the condition of the vehicle in which the Goods are collected (whether owned or hired) and the Supplier shall not be liable in any way for loss or contamination of Goods resulting from the condition of such vehicles. The Buyer shall indemnify the Supplier for any loss or damage to the Supplier, its plant or equipment caused by the Buyer’s vehicles or the condition thereof.
- The Supplier will accept not responsibility for faults in or failure of the Goods due to the methods of placing adopted by the Buyer.
- The Supplier accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of the Goods of any kind after the Buyer has left the Supplier’s works.
- It is the Buyer’s responsibility to ensure that once the collecting vehicle is loaded it is roped and netted in a secure and safe manner.
- Unless the Contract provides for delivery by the Supplier, the risk in the Goods passes to the Buyer when the Goods are dispatched from the Supplier’s works, and the Supplier accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss in transit. Claims for damage or loss in transit should be made on the carrier and any conditions imposed by the carrier in relations to claims for damage or loss in transit should be complied with.
- Goods returned which were supplied in accordance with the Buyer’s purchase order will only be credited on the condition that the Supplier’s written agreement to the return of such goods has first been obtained in all instances. Risk in the Goods will remain with the Buyer until they have been safely delivered back to the Supplier. All returned Goods are subject to a delivery and handling charge. No credit will be given in respect of Goods returned in a damaged condition.
- If for any reason the Buyer is unable to to accept delivery of the Goods when the Goods are ready for delivery, the Supplier will arrange storage of the Goods at the Buyer’s risk and the Buyer shall be liable to the Supplier for the reasonable costs (inc insurance) of such storage. In addition, the Supplier reserves the rights to invoice in full for all Goods that have been placed in storage post the agreed delivery date, and will expect payment in full backed by an appropriate vesting certificate if required.
- The Buyer agrees, upon demand, to indemnify the Supplier against all losses, damages, injury, costs and expenses of whatever nature suffered by the Supplier to the extent that the same are caused by or related to:
A. designs, drawings or specifications given to the Supplier but the Buyer in respect of the Goods;
B. The improper incorporation, assembly, use, processing, storage or handling of Goods by the Buyer.